Retro Custom Coronavirus Policy and Guidelines.
We are currently still trading as normal during the Coronavirus Pandemic, however, in accordance with UK Government guidelines, we have had to introduce measures and limit certain services in order to meet these guidelines.
Retro Custom is a COVID-19 secure business and complies with the UK Government’s guidance regarding managing the risk of COVID-19. For your safety and the safety of the Retro Custom staff, we have introduced the following policy to ensure your experience with Retro Custom is as safe as possible.
- All work to be undertaken on your vehicle is to be agreed at the time of booking in order to reduce contact time with Retro Custom staff during handover.
- Please ensure you have either completed the online booking form or given us your contact details over the phone upon booking to allow us to create an appointment for you on our schedule.
- If you have any questions or queries about the work after making your booking, please contact us either by phone or email before your drop-off date and time.
- We are unable to accept any unscheduled customer visits outside your collection or drop off times. If you need to visit our premises, please contact us to schedule an appointment for your visit.
- You will be issued with an agreed 30 minute time slot for dropping off your vehicle to allow preparations to be made for your arrival and also limit the number of customers on the premises at any one time. Please let us know if you are unable to make your time slot for any reason by calling us on 01462 743611.
- If you are isolating, we are able to arrange transport for your vehicle to be collected and delivered to our workshop and returned after completion at your cost.
- Please remove any unnecessary belongings from your vehicle before dropping your vehicle off to reduce staff contact with your personal effects.
- Upon arrival, please ring the doorbell and retreat back to the marked black and yellow line 2 metres away from the front door.
- Please remove any non-essential keys and key rings from the vehicle key fob.
- All collections and drop-offs are contactless. When dropping your vehicle off, please drop your keys into the secure marked key drop-off box outside the premises.
- There is no entry to the workshop premises by visitors during this Coronavirus pandemic and all dealings will take place outside the premises.
- We are unable to offer toilet or drink facilities during your visit.
- Your vehicle and car keys will be fully sanitised upon arrival with sanitiser approved to EN14476 for enveloped viruses including Coronavirus 2019 n-COV / SARS-CoV-2.
- If, during the works, any issues are found which require your attention where you would normally be asked to visit the premises to see and discuss the issue in person, video footage of the issue will instead be recorded and uploaded online for you to see in order to approve any additional estimated costs.
- All communication during the course of the works on your vehicle will be done either by phone or email.
- When the work on your vehicle is completed, all paperwork will be emailed to you electronically.
- You will be issued with an agreed 30 minute vehicle collection time slot so preparations for your visit can be made. Please let us know if you are unable to make your time slot for any reason.
- Your vehicle will be fully sanitised before collection and will be ready for you to collect upon your arrival at the workshop, with the keys in the ignition.
- Payment is preferred to be made by either bank transfer or by card payment over the phone prior to arrival. However, if payment is to be made on arrival, then a fully sanitised debit and credit card machine will be made available. We are unable to accept cash or cheques in payment.
During the Coronavirus pandemic, in order to meet UK Government guidelines, we are temporarily unable to undertake work while you wait and also are unable to undertake any one-day services.
Due to our suppliers running skeleton staff, we are presently experiencing delays in obtaining parts and services from our suppliers. We hold a large stock of parts so most servicing will not be affected by this. However, you will be advised if your job completion is likely to be delayed due to supplier issues.
If you have any questions or queries at any time, please call us on 01462 743611 or email us through our online contact form.
Retro Custom are proud to be accredited members of the IGA's Trust My Garage Scheme.
Immortalise your pride and joy with a professional classic car photoshoot, taken with a vintage Rollieflex.
Time flies! In 2016 Retro Custom celebrated its 15th year anniversary. Here we take a look into the Retro Custom archives and look back at how far we have come.
Fancy being part of the Retro Custom experience? Join Club Retro Custom to benefit from exclusive offers, meet like-minded enthusiasts and join us visiting shows and events throughout the year.
Retro Custom were commissioned by Lancaster Volkswagen to create a limited edition Retro styles New Beetle.
Retro Custom gift vouchers are now available towards purchase of all Retro Custom products and workshop services.
Lancaster Volkswagen Letchworth approached Retro Custom to transform their revamped dealership showrooms into a classic wonderland.
Faithful reproductions of the original pre-1961 fuel level dipsticks are now available for both Beetles and Karman Ghias.
Once again, you can drink your tea or coffee in style! Retro Custom mugs are now back in stock!